Saturday, November 28, 2009

What's in the bag, I can't read!


Yes, it's a bacon scarf. Artharpy commissioned this scarf for her father-in-law, who is a meat-judger at county fairs. I think that's how she explained it. I looked online for patterns, and what was most common was just red and white stripes. I thought I could do better than that. So I purchased off-white and "paprika" yarn, in 100% wool. I then free-handed the stripes, changing direction, using mostly single crochet, but changing it up sometimes. It took a long time, because I wanted it to have some size once I felted it. And that's the key to how great this looks, I think, because felted, the stitches aren't very visible. It was a fun project to work on, and when I look at it, I can't quit laughing!

No comments:

Post a Comment